Job market is a stiff one and even though in the beginning you’re a hopeful aspirant of job gradually what remains is less and less self-confidence. This vast and serious range of competition engulfs us totally. In this status one social-media platform comes forward to make a difference, that’s called LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is a professional job-hunting social-media platform which is immensely helping both the job hunters and the employers. Some figures would make this more clear: member number of LinkedIn is 364 million and every second hikes this by 2. More than 88% of the best industries heavily use this platform and over 3 million profiles of different industries have been opened here.
Now so many companies have profiles on LinkedIn so you have to make a sound case for yourself to present before them. Why should they hire you? That’s the milion dollar question. Quality of your profile content is primary concern and next comes SEO or Search Engine Optimization of the page so that companies would find you easily and point you as a strong contender for the job.
Once you have attracted their attention, your profile has become a doorway to expand your skills. Better the SEO of your LinkedIn profile page, better the chances for a good job.
SEO and LinkedIn
Its likely that innumerable candidates apply for a particular job. Companies use various job recruiting tools to help them out in their search for the best candidate. Herein your choice of words really matter. If the company has chosen words for its job requirement and your profile has similar words then your chances increase. In simple words, these are called ‘buzz words’ and are beneficial for your resumes and LinedIn profile.
Below mentioned are steps to accurately optimize LinkedIn profiles for job aspirants:
- Creating custom profile URL: Like other urls, your profile url is made up of gibberish signs, numbers and alphabets but you can personalize it to display your name. If already taken, set for recognizable initials of your name. This unique url portrays you. This increases your page search ease as well as ease to get back to your page.
- Keywords identification: For this make a thorough research on your job requirements and associated keywords. Important words related to job can be searched through Google AdWords Keyword Tool. This tool will help you being searched for your job.
- Professional looking profile picture: Sometimes a profile picture plays most important role in being hired. This is your first impression before your employer. Choose a high resolutioned photo associated with a simple background. Focus should be given on your face to be recognizable through the small photo icon. Remember one thing, your photo should be highly professional looking .
- Strategic content: Content should be like a compelling story about your entire career. Keywords searched by you at step 2 should be incorporated into your content. You can add them at ‘About Me’ section, previous job description and skills. A good trick is to add keywords with your post title.
- Anchor Link Optimization: Showcasing your work to your potential employers is a good method and LinkedIn offers you a golden opportunity. You can add around 3 more websites with your profile displaying your work. When you are asked for ‘Type’ choose ‘Other’. Then use your searched keywords to properly describe it.
- Profile completion: We suggest to fill up all fields. More the fields are filled, more are the chances of appearing on serach results. It’s worth time spent.
- Add samples of your work: Share your presentations/ videos that focus on your professional skills. This is the only evidence validating your claims in your profile before you have face-to-face interview.
- Group membership: You must join groups to raise search engine visibility of your profile. Companies browse through various forums and groups to hire potential candidates and you must stay active to remain more relevant. Engagement is must in this sphere.
- Recommendations: This may seem to be a bit awkward but reviews from your friends can make your claims bear strength. Believe us or not people really love to help in such matters. They feel honoured that you hold their views in such high esteem.
- Interaction: Expand your connections with endorsements from your known people. But this is a reciprocative action where you too have to endorse them in return.
In our opinion even after achieving your goal, you must keep your profile in a up-to-date shape to remain current. Don’t repeat the mistake of abandoning a good profile. It’s silly.
Hope our above mentioned points will be really helpful to you. Keep in touch with us for more information.
Header Source : http://bit.ly/1X1wULa
Barry Davis is a Technology Evangelist who is joined to Webskitters for more than 5 years. A specialist in Website design, development & planning online business strategy. He is passionate about implementing new web technologies that makes websites perform better.