A website is the spokesperson for our industry, the doorway for communication with greater base of audience. In today’s digital age, it is must for all kinds of industries. But our responsibility does not end with creating a website only. It should be a superb website. To make it superb you need to plan its architecture much before you have taken the first step towards its development. Important parts to consider are its uniqueness of design, quality content, technical logistics, innovative marketing approaches and many more.
A well thought out website development and design plan makes all the difference between a successful and a failed website. You need to know the trendy designs and how they can help in your business. Latest technical expertise to develop a fast loading, multi-purpose website should be under your belt. Innovative ways of marketing must be considered before launching your website.
Good planning comprises good questions. Below mentioned are some important points which when undertaken during the planning phase will usher in a bright future for your website.
One of the most significant aspects included inside the website building strategy is ‘the discovery phase’. All fundamental parts of your project are shaped up during this phase. For example how thoroughly do you know your own industry? How far you know your industry competition? Do you know your most potential competitor? Do you know your target base of customers properly? Which is the trendiest things in online market? How can you implement them in your website and connect them with your industry? Which are your USPs? How can you focus them through your website?
Below mentioned are 3 crucial strategy elements which hold extreme importance for an entrepreneur.
1. Target Audience
- Who are your target audience and which things will matter with them the most?
- What is the behaviour of your customers? Which mechanism will be the best for marketing before them: online, social or offline?
2. Industry Landscape
- Who are my competitors?
- Which industry trends are driving them?
- Why are my products or services not capitalizing? How can I improve on it?
- How can I transform my weakness to strength?
Determining goals and actionable tasks related with your website should be based upon what you want from your users. Websites are for the end users and are not just decorative pieces. Below mentioned points are crucial for your online business.
4. Social Integration
- What are the goals of your posts? Is it for promotional reason or to lead towards your landing page?
- How much conversation between your company and your customers do you want? Should this be monitored?
5. Content Offerings
- You need to determine your website’s role in business properly. Is your website working as resource center, catalogue or thought leadership portal?
- How to compensate dead ends with supplements from related upsells?
6. Conversions and CTAs
- What are your aims from your users, that they should share, comment, buy or post your web content?
- Which options have you offered: pop ups, buttons or links to your users?
7. Online Environment
- What are the inclinations of your users? Learn, browse, buy, or reach out?
- Which materials are your users expecting?
Post launch operations of a website are many apart from all the maintenance works. Below mentioned are 3 strategy elements necessary at this stage.
- Maintenance of the decided CMS.
- Have you arranged for the resources?
9. Follow up Marketing
- Choice and availability of customer service offered?
- Which is the best remarketing method for your industry?
10. What’s next?
- Be up-to-date with the next move of your target audience and competitors.
- Last moment additions made to your website.
Planning before doing your works is extremely important. We hope if you follow our above mentioned tips you’ll be nothing but benefitted.
Header Source : http://bit.ly/1SFkKXK
Barry Davis is a Technology Evangelist who is joined to Webskitters for more than 5 years. A specialist in Website design, development & planning online business strategy. He is passionate about implementing new web technologies that makes websites perform better.